Absent? Reviewing for a Test? Missed Assignment? Explore More? Click here to access past classes...

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Progress

HW: Flippin' Vocab 18C. Natural Resources, Monopoly, Reform, Muckraker. Due Friday.Vocab Quiz 5 Friday.

GOAL: Investigate an issue in our school community and motivate your peers to act toward change by creating an example of persuasive material.


1.  Skill Practice:  What conditions in this picture would have worried a social reformer in 1900?
I see. I think. I wonder.
Progressive Era.
Progressivism (noun)
     1. the political idea of those who favor progress toward better conditions in government and society
Progressive (noun)
     1. a person believing in reasonable political change and social improvement through political action.

2. Design Challenge Implementation
  • Photograph
  • Headline - problem.
  • Caption - action to solve


3. Feedback and Reflection:

  • Describe the process of making reform.
  • 2 Reflection Stems

No comments:

Know the Facts