HW: H.I.P (History in Progress). Read pages 706-715. Complete Parts 1, 2 and 3. Due Tuesday, 2/26
Goal: Understand the US entered World War I late, but made Americans evaluate their patriotism.
Portfolio 3: 2/10-2/26
History Chronicles: Patriotism (5)
History Lab: US Enters WWI (10)
Research Log: WWI Technology (10)
Skills Lab: Sedition Act (10)
Compare/Contrast: 14 points (10)
See the Big Picture: WWI Homefront (5)
Release Your Inner Patriot Poster (20)
H.I.P HW (10)
Motivator (20)
Goal: Understand the US entered World War I late, but made Americans evaluate their patriotism.
Portfolio 3: 2/10-2/26History Chronicles: Patriotism (5)
History Lab: US Enters WWI (10)
Research Log: WWI Technology (10)
Skills Lab: Sedition Act (10)
Compare/Contrast: 14 points (10)
See the Big Picture: WWI Homefront (5)
Release Your Inner Patriot Poster (20)
H.I.P HW (10)
Motivator (20)
Final Product
Release Your Inner Patriot: The US has a problem – its 1917 and citizens are mixed on supporting the war. You are a graphic designer hired Woodrow Wilson’s Committee on Public Information (CPI) to create a poster about the US involvement in World War I. You are to persuade an apathetic public to be patriotic and take a specific action. Posters will be shared with general public for public reaction.
Watch The Lost Batallion.
Fact-based war drama about an American battalion of over 500 men which gets trapped behind enemy lines in the Argonne Forest in October 1918 France during the closing weeks of World War I.

No comments:
Post a Comment